What is the difference between a dream and reality?`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between a dream and reality?`

I tell you. Stupidity. If you can't reach your dreams, you're an idiot. Don't worry, calm down... I'm an idiot as well.

Here I am. Posting on the interwebs, as if I've got nothing better to do. Clam down there! At least I like you people. SO it's not that bad.

However. Since when is LIFE about goign to work in the morning, busy as always, getting back tired, watching some TV, perhaps cooking a dinner, getting jiggy with it with the better half and post few posts here, go to sleep, and then repeat until death. Is that life? I mean really. We all just sort of get comfortable with the idea that we never reach those true goals. Or maybe we do go after them, go hard, in never-ending pursuit of a dream, a pipe dream.

What's the hurry? I figure the slower I take it, the longer I live. Sounds like a good deal to me. I have to figure this lifestyle thing out though, because I'm always thinking "I'd rather be..." somewhere else, doing something else... so why am I not somewhere else or doing that something that I'd rather be doing? Why not?

I say the gap between dream and reality is basically just conformism to society and norms. It's being a big wuss. I'd rather die happy than unhappy. So life is a gift, I can do what ever I want with it. So why am I taking this route of conformism, this route of "this is what everyone else does as well".

I don't know about you suckers, but I'm about to go to bed and dream some more, work on that never-finish-these-goals thingies, and wake up a little bit too late and a little bit too tired to do work that pays way too little and takes a bit too long to come home to do absolutely nothing constructive, thinking about the things I could be doign but somehow I'm not.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I thought you were supposed to post here while pretending to work...

Far too busy working on dreams at home to spend any time here.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

What is the minimum wage in Finland for a 40 hours week job?
      I need a foot massage

Comment

It's a bit different in Finland, no general minimum wage rate, but it's around 5,50.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Welcome to real life. If you can find a way to afford the things you want to do without doing the things you don't want to, sign me up.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

That really is a pretty decent description of the lives most people live, including the part about trying to maintain their dreams but not really succeeding. Most people just sleepwalk thru their lives. The ones who don't, who wake up or get awakened try to work their way out of the wilderness with much greater moral and spiritual pain than the others. Even they still need a source of income as Garth pointed out, and are in danger of falling back into sleepwalking at any time. Then, awake or sleepwalking, you die.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Well there isn't really a difference between a dream and reality, it's all the matrix.
              Blah

Comment

My post did sound a bit matrixy, didn't it? However that thinking was based on the philosophy of Gurdjieff. He felt we all had an obligation to awaken ourselves and others as the philosophical and moral choices of the awake are very different from those of the sleeping. Obviously, the makers of the Matrix films created their background as a metaphor for this type of thinking.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                X